One very prominent and necessary feature of any person’s employment benefits is undoubtedly the “Provident or the pension fund” which enables the employee to get lump sum amount of money at the end of the employment period in other words at the time of your retirement. Employee’s provident fund organisation – an organisation under the administrative control of Ministry of labour and Employment, Government of India has been set up to assist, manage and keep the record of all the employee’s pension fund.
Here we give you the stepwise description of how to check your PF balance online with the help of your UAN-Universal account number, an umbrella 12digit number which is linked to multiple identification numbers of each employee covered under the Employee’s provident fund organisation. Follow these below steps to check pf balance online.
1. You are required to open the official page of employee’s provident fund organisation you could do so by searching for it on your web page-
2. As you could see that there are four options to the left of the page Our services, Status of the establishment, EPFO corner and Miscellaneous. You now need to click on “Our services”.
3. On clicking on “Our services”, a scroll bar would pop up with a few options, you are to now click on “For employees”.
4. On clicking the above, a page will open up with the detailed description of how EPF organisation works for the betterment of employees with specific columns for services catering to the employee’s, important links that the employees would require and downloads. Under the column of services, you could see a number of choices out of which you are required to select the top most option which is the “Member passbook”.
5. Now you will be directed to a page where you need to fill in necessary details-your UAN as your username, password and the captcha code that has been displayed and then click on Login option.
6. Now that you have successfully logged in you will now be directed to a page (View Passbook) where you can now download your passbook.
Note-those users who have logged in for the first time will have wait for a period of 3-4 days to download your passbook.
7. Your passbook will now be generated with complete details regarding your provident fund and displaying your current balance with grand total displayed at the end.
If you face any difficulty in checking your PF balance, let us know in the comment section.