Whether you’re going out for an interview, a date, or even just stepping out to run errands, dressing right for particular occasions is a must. However, when speaking of dressing up right, we cannot emphasize on the importance of wearing the right footwear. The right pair of footwear completes an outfit, which is why you must own the right shoes for men for every occasion.
Wearing slippers and gym shoes or even sneakers on every occasion isn’t possible. Sure, they are comfortable and quick to wear when you’re running errands or going for a walk, but they can’t be worn on formal occasions. For formal occasions, you need perfect shoes for men. These shoes should be just the right to wear during interviews and boardroom meetings.
You must have seen how, in the movies, the introduction of an important character starts from their shoes. Thus, wearing the right kind for a formal occasion is of utmost importance. Now that the lockdown is thankfully over, it’s time we start dressing up rather than dressing down and just working from home. So, now that you’ve got your formal suit all cleaned and dusted, it’s time you shop for the best shoes for men to complete your formal look.
Check out these ideal shoes for men that you can pair with your formal outfits and make a stylish yet smart appearance everywhere you go.
1. Loafers: Loafers are versatile slip-on shoes, but since they come in nine different varieties, you’d need the formal kind to complete your formal look. However, tassel loafers are a popular choice to be paired with your business attire. But, just remember that black tie and loafers are no match.
2. Oxfords: These are a great pair when you’re starting to buy dress shoes because they are so versatile. They can be paired with almost every formal attire you have. The most common ones are the ones with closed lacing, low heels, and long toes.
3. Chelsea boots: If you want something minimal and timeless, these laceless boots are the one. Traditionally made from leather, you can now find these in suede also. They aren’t bulky like the usual boots because they cut right at the ankle. Also, the elastic side panel gives them a comfortable fit so that you can wear them all day long.
4. Monk straps: These easy slip-on shoes are more formal than loafers and if you use just a bit of shoe shine, you’ll look dapper. The single-strap monk shoes are the most common ones because they lack detail, which makes them look all the more formal.
5. Derbys: Not to be confused with Oxfords, these have an open lacing system. It means that the vamps split in half and laces. The smooth leather design on these shoes gives them a nice formal touch. For a more polished look, you can opt for the plain derbys, which is also the most versatile option.
These are the best dress shoes for men that you can buy to look dapper in those sleek formal outfits you own.