Lord Rama is believed to be the most ideal man who ever took birth in this planet. The story of Lord Ram is being written in two of the most famous Hindu epics Ramayana and Ram Charit Manas. It is believed that Ramayana was written even before Lord Ram was born. We all have heard the stories of Lord Ram since childhood. However, this article covers the most amazing and unknown facts about Hindu Lord Shri Ram which we bet you wouldn’t be knowing. What are you waiting for.
Lord Rama Unknown Facts –
1. Bhagwan Shri Ram is the Seventh Avatar among the Dashavatar of Bhagwan Vishnu. As per Hindu mythology, Lord Vishnu is the most important god along with lord Shiva and brahma.
2. Bhagwan Shri Ram is the oldest Devta Worshipped in Human Form, he was born in the Treta Yuga. As per Maharishi Valmiki’s Ramayana, Lord Rama was born on the ninth day of Shukla Paksha of Chaitra month in Punarvasu Nakshatra in Treta Yuga. However, exact dates of Treta yuga is unknown and differ by different mythologists.
3. Bhagwan Shri Ram is called Suryavanshi as he is a descendant of Surya Dev, he was born in the Ikshvaku dynasty which was founded by Raja Ikshvaku, Son of Surya Devta.
4. According to Maharshi Valmiki’s Ramayana, after defeating Ravana, Lord Shri Ram ruled his kingdom Ayodhya for 11,000 years. This period is known as ‘Ram Rajya’. Rama has gone to exile at the age of 25 years and spent exact 14 years in exile and came back to Ayodhya when 39 after defeating Ravana and his army in Sri Lanka.
5. Reciting Shri Ram naam thrice gives the punya equivalent to reciting the Vishnu Sahasranama (One thousand names of Vishnu ji)
6. Rama” is the 394th name of Bhagwan Vishnu in the Vishnu Sahasranama. Anushasana Parva of the Mahabharata mentions that Lord Vishnu has more than 1000 names each depicting quality, divine & aspect of God.
7. Hanuman ji once fought with Shri Ram to protect Kashi King Yayati, To help the Yayati in the battle, Hanumanji started reciting Ram naam hence Rama’s arrows had no effect on Hanumanji and Lord Rama had to accept his defeat.
8. Lord Ram is not only worshipped in India in his home country but Bhagwan Shri Ram is worshipped in many Asian countries including Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Cambodia, Burma, Pillippines, Nepal and Sri Lanka. Ramayana is being performed in these countries as part of local and folk culture.
9. Ramayana is the one of the most popular epics of Sanatan Dharma that tells the life journey of Bhagwan Ram and how an individual should lead his life. It emphasizes of Dharma, the concept of Hinduism which teaches the right way of living and fulfilling ones duty.
10. Bhagwan Shri Ram abandoned the earth after taking Jal Samadhi in the Saryu River in Ayodhya.
Do you know any other Lord Rama facts which we missed out in this article? Let us know in the comments section!